(DAAD) scholarships in Germany for international students for a range of postgraduate courses at German Universities which aim at providing academically educated young professionals from developing countries.
Masters or PhD courses in Economic Sciences/Business Administration/Political Economics; Development Cooperation; Engineering and Related Sciences; Mathematics; Regional and Urban Planning; Agricultural and Forest Sciences; Natural and Environmental Sciences; Medicine and Public Health; Social Sciences, Education and Law; and Media Studies.
You can see the complete list of eligible development-related postgraduate courses for 2020/2021 here: https://www.daad.de/medien/der-daad/unsere-aufgaben/entwicklungszusammenarbeit/pdfs/epos_2019_web.pdf
The scholarships include monthly payments of 750 euros for graduates or 1,000 euros for doctoral candidates; payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover; and travel allowance
The scholarship duration is 12 to 24 months.
1) Works either for a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country and, as such, is engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with an emphasis on development policies having a bearing on technological or economic.
2) Holds a Bachelor’s degree (normally four years) in a related subject.
3) Has completed an academic degree with far above average results (upper third) and ideally at least two years of related professional experience after the first degree (bachelor).
4) His/her academic degrees should normally not be more than six years old.
5) • For courses in English: IELTS (Band 6) certificate or TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper-based, 213 computer-based, 80 internet-based).
Applications must be made directly to the respective course. Please refer to the respective course websites for the application procedure and the documents to be submitted. Deadline varies depending on the course but falls around August-October 2019.
It is important to read the 2020/2021 brochure and visit the official website to access the application form and for complete information on how to apply for this scholarship.